Welcome to Indiana EdCast! We are joined by our chief lobbyist, Steve Beebe from Beebe, Scherer and Associates as we discuss PMOC, the midterm election, committees, and the crystal ball into the upcoming session.
- Election Results
- Committee Changes, chairs,
- Gov. and Rep. Bosma differences – teacher salaries, Hate crimes
- Allegations against Hill and Bosma play a role in this session?
- Supt. McCormick – teacher salaries and strengthening accountability and oversight on vouchers and charter schools.
- Legislation to make the Supt. position an appointed position in 2021.
- $300-$400 new revenue – DCS will absorb over half
- Some unknown revenue stream amounts – taxing online purchases and potential sports betting.
- 13th Check increase – PERF pushing for $50 increase, cost for TRF would be less than 5 million and will be sustainable under SB 373 that will go into effect in the 2021 budget year.